NSE Ticker

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

GANDHI JAYANTI - 2ND OCTOBER



    Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi
                                                                                                                                                          Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, commonly known as Mahatma Gandhi, was the prominent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India.
Born: October 2, 1869, Porbandar
Assassinated: January 30, 1948, Birla House
Spouse: Kasturba Gandhi (m. 1883–1944)






Gandhian Philosophy in short
I know the path. It is straight and narrow. It is like the edge of a sword. I rejoice to walk on it. I weep when I slip. God's word is: 'He who strives never perishes.' I have implicit faith in that promise. Though, therefore, from my weakness I fail a thousand times, I will not lose faith, but hope that I shall see the Light when the flesh has been brought under perfect subjection, as some day it must.84


My soul refuses to be satisfied so long as it is a helpless witness of a single wrong or a single misery. But it is not possible for me, a weak, frail, miserable being, to mend every wrong or to hold myself free of blame for all the wrong I see.
The spirit in me pulls one way, the flesh in me pulls in the opposite direction. There is freedom from the action of these two forces, but that freedom is attainable only by slow and painful stages.
I cannot attain freedom by a mechanical refusal to act, but only by intelligent action in a detached manner. This struggle resolves itself into an incessant crucifixion of the flesh so that the spirit may become entirely free.85


Search for Truth
I am but a seeker after Truth. I claim to have found a way to it. I claim to be making a ceaseless effort to find it. But I admit that I have not yet found it. To find Truth completely is to realize oneself and one's destiny, i.e., to become perfect. I am painfully conscious of my imperfections, and therein lies all the strength I posses, because it is a rare thing for a man to know his own limitations.
If I was a perfect man, I own I should not feel the miseries of neighbors as I do. As a perfect man I should take note of them, prescribe a remedy, and compel adoption by the force of unchangeable Truth in me. But as yet I only see as through a glass darkly and, therefore, have to carry conviction by slow and laborious processes, and then, too, not always with success.
That being so, I would be less than human if, with all my knowledge of avoidable misery pervading the land and of the sight of mere skeletons under the very shadow of the Lord of the Universe, I did not feel with and for all the suffering but dumb millions of India. 86


Trust in God
I am in the world feeling my way to light 'amid the encircling gloom'. I often err and miscalculate… My trust is solely in God. And I trust men only because I trust God. If I had no God to rely upon, I should be like Timon, a hater of my species.87


I will not be a traitor to God to please the whole world.88


Whatever striking things I have done in life, I have not done prompted by reason but prompted by instinct, I would say, God.89


I am a man of faith. My reliance is solely on God. One step is enough for me. The next step He will make clear to me when the time for it comes.90


No Secrecy
I have no secret methods. I know no diplomacy save that of truth. I have no weapon but non-violence. I may be unconsciously led astray for a while, but not for all time.91


My life has been an open book. I have no secrets and I encourage no secrets.92


I am but a poor struggling soul yearning to be wholly good-wholly truthful and wholly non-violent in thought, word and deed, but ever failing to reach the ideal which I know to be true. I admit it is a painful climb, but the pain of it is a positive pleasure for me. Each step upward makes me feel stronger and fit for the next.93


When I think of my littleness and my limitations on the one hand and of the expectations raised about me on the other, I become dazed for the moment, but I come to myself as soon as I realize that these expectations are a tribute not to me, a curious mixture of Jekyll and Hyde, but to the incarnation, however imperfect but comparatively great in me, of the two priceless qualities of truth and non-violence. I must, therefore, not shirk the responsibility of giving what aid I can to fellow-seekers after truth from the West.94

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Punch into google search
    BRAINWASHING PROCESS OF GANDHI- VADAKAYIL.
    Wake up Indians !
    Know your heroes!!
    Do not worship false gods!!!.
    I ALONG WITH MANY INDIANS , CELEBRATE 2ND OCT AS SHASTRI JAYANTI.
    Capt ajit vadakayil
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your post that was useful for trader and investor, they are inspiring and helpful, and we will see more update on you, Thank you.
    Regards:
    NIFTY FUTURE TIPS

    ReplyDelete